The Abdul Latif Jameel Investment Management Company (JIMCO) is the Jameel Family’s global investment arm, consolidating under one name an established Jameel Family tradition of investing in innovative ideas and businesses promising positive change that stretches back to at least the early 1980s.
The JIMCO Technology Fund is dedicated to advancing emergent technologies and breakthrough thinking across all non-health sectors.
JIMCO team is looking for startups that are initiating or improving commercialization efforts across multiple industries to evaluate business opportunities.
JIMCO Technology Focus Areas:
- Energy & Climate Change & Adaptation: scalable stationary storage, new battery technologies to enhance or replace lithium-ion, faster EV charging, decarbonization of industry materials/production, higher efficiency and recycling of battery materials, commercial nuclear fusion and low-cost hydrogen production, storage and transportation, highly efficient solar and wind energy, ESG cooling, and heating, grid management/structure, low GHG, carbon-neutral fuels, better lighting/insulation of buildings and innovative energy efficiency technologies.
- Mobility: faster retrofitting, new electric commercial/passenger ground and air mobility, L4-L5 low-capex autonomy, digital MaaS, lower-cost fuel cell vehicle, and low GHG long-haul air and ground transportation
- Water: lower cost desalination, high-efficiency water filtration and membrane technologies, water production from air, agricultural water usage
- Artificial Intelligence: simpler and at-scale implementation of GAI, ML and RPA, effective computer vision, recognition, and computation
- Robotics and Advanced and Additive Manufacturing: autonomous commercial drones, wider industrial robotic adoption, advanced/low capex manufacturing, 3D printing
- Spacetech: reusable payload launch mechanisms, intergalactic telecommunication, and space traffic/junk management
- Foodtech & Agritech: organic and ESG alternative proteins, fertilizer/pesticides, seed/produce coatings, further digitized agriculture
- Education: pre-school brain development, digital teachers, educational AR/VR
- Computing: virtual interactable infrastructure, lower cost and efficient quantum computing, chip design, transistor, and wireless connectivity
- Materials: production of materials for better chip performance, decarbonization, less pollution, and ESG alternatives
JIMCO LIFE Sciences Focus Areas:
-Healthtech: pharmaceutical treatments and therapies, small molecules, biologics, genomics, regenerative medicine, orphan diseases
-Medtech: diagnostics, point of care medicine, imaging, genomics & Digital health
- Please send us a deck pitch describing your solution and use studies by October 10, 2022
- All responses will be reviewed, and you will be notified whether the response has been accepted for further consideration.
Potential next steps
May include a 1:1 meeting with the JIMCO team to present additional detail on your company and solution and evaluate business opportunities.
Please visit jimco.com
Disclaimer: MIT Startup Exchange can make introductions that ideally provide open ended discussions in order to share mutual interests and potentially create common ground that incite the parties to collaborate. MIT Startup Exchange introductions may eventually lead to mutual partnerships, but that is not in any way guaranteed by MIT, MIT Corporate Relations, MIT Industrial Liaison Program (ILP) or MIT Startup Exchange, which takes no responsibility for these outcomes and no formal part in such discussions following our introduction. MIT Startup Exchange and its activities and events are not for purposes of soliciting investment or offering securities.